Employees are “muddled”, or How to develop responsibility among subordinates
Recently, managers have been complaining about their staff:
the staff makes a lot of mistakes;
employees do not think about the consequences of their actions;
Workers perform tasks without preparation / at random;
employees do not want to delve into the gist of the matter.
We summarize: “Their employees are“ muddled ”.
Speaking about the complaints of managers about the staff, I ask: “What do you think employees lack?” In 99% of cases I get the answer: “They are irresponsible in their tasks.”
Leaders forget that everything that happens in their structural units and their subordinates is their responsibility. The first question you need to ask yourself. But the article is not about that.
Let us take for granted the fact that irresponsible employees actually came across. Once again, you need to understand in more detail, because it is not only the development of the “responsibility” competence that can solve problems.
Moreover, the request for the development of responsibility among employees is repeated and frequent, therefore, we will discuss in the article on the topic: “How to develop responsibility among staff?”
Submit any reports to the IFTS and funds via the Internet in 5 minutes
Try for free
To begin with, we will examine what signs or indicators of employee behavior indicate to us that this is precisely this competence.
1. An employee is not respected and trusted by colleagues. Working with him more closely and in contact more often than the leader, the team quickly realizes that this employee is not reliable in terms of promises. Poorly fulfills some tasks, requests, promises.
2. An employee rarely takes some stable, clear position. Communicates evasively when he makes commitments, promises to fulfill certain tasks. His speech contains words and combinations that reflect doubt. For example:
“I will try”;
“I will try to do”;
“Maybe it will work out”;
“I can’t promise for sure.”
3. An employee changes his attitude to various events and situations that occur in the company and in the team. It takes different points of view.
4. His words are at odds with the deed. He is inconsistent.
5. Blames other people and circumstances that arise in the external environment for his own mistakes. Someone and something hinders him all the time to achieve the desired result.
Entrepreneurs no longer need an accountant!
Automated system for reporting, calculating taxes and salaries, billing and acts.
Try for free
6. Does not keep his word even in petty promises.
7. Does not keep secrets. He loves to tell and discuss secrets of other people.
If you see the above indicators in a person’s behavior, then we can talk about the insufficiently developed level of competence “responsibility” for this person.
If you decide to develop this personal skill with your employee, then you should know the indicators of a sufficient level of development of the responsibility responsibility.